While many of the authors whose books we publish often speak at conferences and workshops, a rare opportunity to hear a wide range of authors is taking place next month.
At the 12th Annual Lean Management Conference sponsored by consulting firm Productivity Inc. Oct. 15-19 in
The authors are:
· Clifford Fiore, author of Accelerated Product Development: Combining Lean and Six Sigma for Peak Performance
· Chris Harris, co-author (with Rick Harris) of Developing a Lean Workforce: A Guide for Human Resources, Plant Managers, and Lean Coordinators
· Ray Floyd, author of A Culture of Rapid Improvement: Creating and Sustaining an Engaged Workforce (to be published in February 2008)
· Thomas Jackson, author of Hoshin Kanri for the Lean Enterprise: Developing Competitive Capabilities and Managing Profit
· Beau Keyte and Drew Locher, co-authors of The Complete Lean Enterprise: Value Stream Mapping for Administrative and Office Processes
· Ray Louis, author of Custom Kanban: Designing the System to Meet the Needs of Your Environment as well as the soon-to-be-released Creating the Ultimate Lean Office: A Zero-Waste Environment with Process Automation
· Brian Maskell, co-author (with Bruce Baggaley) of Practical Lean Accounting: A Proven System for Measuring and Managing the Lean Enterprise
· James Vatalaro, co-author (with Robert Taylor) of Implementing a Mixed Model Kanban System: The Lean Replenishment Technique for Pull Production
Several of these men have authored other books as well; I list just the most recent ones above.
Since the conference lasts an entire week, not all of the authors will necessarily be there on any given day. Also, some of the authors do not appear on the conference Web site because not all workshop speakers are listed online. Check with Productivity Inc. for details.
I can’t recall another event where this many authors of lean books were assembled at one time. If you can, I urge you to attend and take advantage of their collective brainpower.